[fpc-devel] FPC-JVM: Status report on Android

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 29 11:42:55 CEST 2011

On 08/29/2011 11:08 AM, Sven Barth wrote:

> But there is a significant difference between the JVM bytecode and the
> Dalvik one and perhaps Michael thought of that when writing his question:
> The JVM bytecode is a pure stackbased one while the Dalvik one uses
> registers.

Yep.

That is why I am astonished that converting Java-Bytecode to Dalvik code
should be an easy task.

I do know a stack based 32-Bit Hardware engine using such a byte code
("ZPU") Same is done to use as little FPGA resources as possible. It do
know that a GNU C compiler for this engine exists. Using it's Assembler
is highly depreciated, as watching the stack locations is close to
impossible for humans.

-Michael