[fpc-devel] New FPC target: JVM

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 25 22:38:37 CEST 2011

On 20.08.2011 10:49, Jonas Maebe wrote:
> Regarding Android: the compiler and the system unit both use a bunch of standard functionality from the JDK to implement various features. So Android support would probably require quite a bit of extra work. I have not looked into that.
>
> Enjoy!

I've taken a look at the Android SDK: it seems the java.lang and
java.util namespaces and their classes are available so it might be
rather simple to get an Android application compiling and running.

But for now I have the problem to convert the class files provided by
the SDK into Pascal units using javapp. I have unpacked the android.jar
to $somedir/android and also copied javapp.jar there (just to be sure
that there are no path problems ^^). I cd'd into that directory and
issued the following command to convert the android.app namespace:

java -jar javapp.jar -protected javapp.jar android.app.

The output is the following:

default charset: UTF-8
Determining short Pascal class names...
Indexing classes under android/app/Activity...
Indexing classes under javapp/jar...
Printing classes...
Done!

The result is a "java.pas" and a "java.inc". The first includes the
latter and the latter is empty.

So what am I doing wrong? (The same happens if I try to use the
android.jar instead)

Regards,
Sven