[fpc-devel] Arm Thumb2 - Stellaris status

John Clymer john at johnclymer.net
Sun Aug 21 17:43:50 CEST 2011

I found FPC_HAS_SYSTEMS_INTERRUPT_TABL, enabled it - but it was still broken for
Thumb2 (stellaris, stm32).

For Thumb2, it was broken in the following ways:

1) Stack_top should be placed at vector 0.
2) Each address should have the LSB set - to "force" Thumb mode when the PC gets
loaded with that value.

I defined FPC_HAS_SYSTEMS_INTERRUPT_TABLE a little further down - so that was
only enabled on ARM and AVR (trying not to break other things...)

I also have some added logic in ncgutil - for M3 devices - to place the
stack_top into vector 0, then place handlers for vectors 1 to TOP.  The
WriteVector routine for Thumb also adds an offset of 1 to each vector - so as to
force Thumb mode upon load to PC.

John