[fpc-devel] New FPC target: JVM

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Sun Aug 21 13:45:23 CEST 2011

One thing which I am curious: What is the main use case which led to this work?

I can imagine it would be useful for example to have a work focused on
j2me in order to target phones which run only Java and nothing else
(although in reality j2me is each time more obsolete with the spread
of smartphones), but for desktop platforms which can already run
native applications without any fuss I wonder what the use case of a
Pascal to Java compiler is.

Even for Android, I'm not sure such a Java port is much better then JNI.

I'm not saying it isn't great to have this new option, because it
clearly is, I'm just curious.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho