[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 22:27:28 CEST 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 9:56 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Thursday, 18 August 2011, Max Vlasov > wrote:
>
> > Adding new aligners and using it for items of another aligner can build
> very complex layouts not using direct coordinates at all.  Seems like the
> port of this component works in Lazarus. If the concept is worth considering
> I can provide the source for further review by the developers.
> >

> MiGLayout went a step further. It is powerful enough to never need nested
> layout managers. Yet it's still possible to code complex forms with it. I
> once found a website where somebody took a popular app (I think firefox),
> and recreated all the forms using MiGLayout, just to show that it is
> possible and very simple to do, just with MiGLayout and no nesting. :-)

I glanced at the quick guide. Actually MiGLayout looks promising, but
personally I'd use it if it's implemented with intuitiveness and visual
sense in mind. Without doubt they should work and show rendered layout in
design-time and all these "dock west", gaps etc should be available as a
context menu items or maybe some tool buttons. Otherwise if one have to
learn the string constraint language, he can fall into the same trap as with
regular expressions, I mean if you don't use them on a regular (ironic
coincidence) basic, you learn them every time from the start :)

Max