[fpc-devel] Delphi XE2 uses FPC for iOS target

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Fri Aug 12 10:01:29 CEST 2011

On 08/11/2011 04:24 PM, Ludo Brands wrote:
> According to http://labs.qt.nokia.com/2011/02/28/necessitas/#comment-19682
> the qt port uses the framebuffer driver.
I don't know if this Frambuffer needs to have and/or already has the
necessary support for OpenGL, that I understand to be what KSD (maybe
more correctly to be called "KSDev/GLScene") sits on.
> There is also a qt port for iOS in
> the making. No need to run after KSD...
Seemingly EMB things other (supposedly because they don't dare to
implement QT or KDE support in the VLC (what the LCL already happily
provides), they offer a completely new cross-platform GUI kit :( .

It might or might not be a good idea for Lazarus to offer "FireMonkey"
support as well.

-Michael