[fpc-devel] delphi 2010/XE/XE2 - like rtti and "packages"

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 17:22:47 CEST 2011

Am 11.08.2011 17:14, schrieb Dimitri Smits:

> ----- "Sven Barth"<pascaldragon at googlemail.com>  schreef:
>
>> Am 11.08.2011 16:38, schrieb Dimitri Smits:
>>> once I get a tree-hierarchy of module/package<->units<->typeinfos
>>> working, I intend to go on with the RTTI unit implementation and
>>> subsequent questions on that topic.
>>
>> Please note that for a fully compatible implementation of the RTTI
>> unit
>> you'll need generic methods (and maybe a working Create for records,
>> don't remember that...). I plan to work on these once I've finished
>> implementing the Delphi compatible generic syntax in my branch.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>
> that's why I wrote the "first off". generics are for somewhat further down the road. First implementation of the rtti unit would omit/replace the TArray<T>  dynamic arrays. (as well as TCustomAttribute and the newer TVirtualMethodInterceptor and Aspect-Oriented-stuff)
>
> first phase for me would be: can I get a set/linked-list of loaded package(s)/module(s) and from there the units in them, and from them the PInfoType data in them. And for that there is a need for what I asked first.

I don't have a solution for you at hand (but I hope that you'll find one
:) ), but I have a suggestion: please include the main program file as
well. In Delphi this is a bit ignored at least when I tested the new
RTTI once (enumerating all classes, records in a program)...

> Sven, just out of curiosity: is there a rough ETA for the Delphi compatible generic syntax finalization in trunk?

Basically it works already, but I still need solve the corner case when
one declares a constant, variable or function that has the same name as
a generic. Also inline generics are a bit fragil. If I could work on it
full power (means: train ride to Munich + train ride from Munich + maybe
work at home), I believe I could have them in one or two weeks, but I
additionally need to work on my bachelor thesis, so I can't stick to any
ETA :(

Regards,
Sven