[fpc-devel] FPC 2.6.x branched, trunk becomes 2.7.1

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Aug 3 19:47:19 CEST 2011

On 03 Aug 2011, at 19:42, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> I use ppc386 2.4.3 to compile and tools in /branches/fixes_2_4/install/binw32
> With configuration I can compile /branches/fixes_2_4 and /trunk
>
> Where I got data2inc.exe

As Marco said, it is part of any default FPC installation that you download from our website. Compiling with just a compiler binary in your may work, but that is not a supported configuration for general use (a.o. reasons, because of the problem you have right now). Please always start from a *full* installation of the latest official release before reporting build problems. In 99.9% of the cases it solves all problems.

> and why I can compile trunk but not the 2.6.0 release?

There is no 2.6.0 release yet. And the reason for your compilation error is that the time stamps on some include files in your fixes_2_6 branch are older than the files they are generated from. This can happen with a fresh svn checkout depending on the order in which files are downloaded and how much time passes in the mean time.

Jonas