[fpc-devel] Including Sorokin's TRegExpr in FPC

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Tue Aug 2 10:32:37 CEST 2011

> > I knew I recognised the name of the author. This code is
> already used
> > in lazarus and can be found in components/synedit/synregexpr.pas. I
> > had to work on it because the original code doesn't run on cpu's
> > requiring alignment. The patch is attached at
> > http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=19109.
> >

> Still, this is good news, in Lazarus the license is MPL or
> GPL, now it can be modified LGPL.

For sure!

My comments were more on the fact that the original code isn't compatible
with platforms that need aligned data and that a patch is available. I also
attached to the issue mentioned a test unit for SynRegExpr that is a
combination of Andrey Sorokin's tests in his original package and the tests
in regexpr/examples/testreg1.pp.

Ludo