[fpc-devel] Building compiler, rtl, host, target... (cross compiling)

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 09:40:57 CEST 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hans-Peter Diettrich" <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>
To: "FPC developers' list" <fpc-devel at lists.freepascal.org>
Sent: Thursday, 7 April, 2011 06:21 AM
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel] Building compiler, rtl, host,target... (cross
compiling)

> Skybuck Flying schrieb:
>
>> So this is my biggest question and hunch: At some point during this whole
>> step/phase the RTL needs to be switched/swapped with the new RTL...
>
> No swapping required. The host-RTL is linked *into* the compiler itself,
> the target-RTL is used (read, compiled) *by* the compiler, at runtime.

Can you or anybody else give an example of the necessary command line
parameters and/or a configuration file so I can try this out to see how it
works ?

(Please try to keep it as minimal as possible ;) :))

(For the example host could be windows/i386/x86 and target could be
something ?)

Bye,
  Skybuck.