[fpc-devel] ccharset.pas, charset.pas and strings/unicode ? (>< symdif operator)

Skybuck Flying skybuck2000 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 7 06:19:26 CEST 2011

Hello,

As I was busy with the free pascal compiler source codes I came across an
unfamiliar operator for me: ><

(
It's in nflw.pas at line 830:
       {Symdif operator, in case you are wondering:}
       loopflags:=loopflags >< [lnf_checknegate];
)

First I googled it a bit and came across a language called: Fortress

http://labs.oracle.com/projects/plrg/Publications/fortress0866.pdf

I probably already came across it some time ago...

But this document does show how unicode could be used to introduce new
operators thanks to new unicode symbols...

Only problem is our keyboards might not yet be suited for it ? ;)

Thought I'd mention it in case you haven't seen it... but I'd bet you
probably seen it already ;) =D

Concerning the operator... I guess it unifies different sets and leaves out
the duplicates...

Bye,
  Skybuck.