[fpc-devel] Patches

Adem listmember at letterboxes.org
Thu Sep 30 21:00:33 CEST 2010

  On 2010-09-30 21:21, Andrew Brunner wrote:
>>> I hope you are joking ...
>> I have read the above sentence (of mine) a few times over; and I seriously
>> cannot see why I should be expected to be joking.
>>
>> Could someone tell me what advantage there can ever be in/of having global
>> variables scattered all around the place.
> Well, global variables are going to be all over the place and will be
> declared in the scope of the unit where they are established.
So, from what you're saying, I am supposed to think that it is better to
declare global variables in 460+ unit files in the compiler directory alone.
?
> I think that the assertion of taking variables (just because they are global) and placing them in one unit file is indeed funny.
I'll remember this joke when I am writing the next Pascal code and
declare my variables not at the top of each class/routine but right
where they are needed and all over the place ;)

--
Cheers,

Adem