[fpc-devel] RIP NoGlobals

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Sep 30 00:24:16 CEST 2010

On Wed, 29 Sep 2010 23:59:15 +0200
Jonas Maebe <jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be> wrote:

> On 29 Sep 2010, at 23:50, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>
> > While touching the fpc sources I often got a compile
> > error which was "fixed" by compiling a second time.
> > Is this normal?
>
> There are some bugs in the ppu loading logic (mostly related to "inline" in combination with cyclic dependencies) that are triggered by the compiler sources (resulting either in compilation errors or crashes). However, usually the only way to solves them is to delete all ppu files. In my experience, recompiling results in the same problem in such situations.

Interesting.
I didn't use the makefile to compile but created a lazarus package
using the compiler settings from the pp.lpi.
The package compiles without error, but compiling the test program (a
simple one liner compiler.compile('');) that only sees the ppu files
gives an error (checksum changed, unit not found).
Compiling the package a second time compiles again without error and
the test program compiles too.

Mattias