[fpc-devel] extending fpc for integration

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Wed Sep 29 20:00:19 CEST 2010

Hi fpc devels,

I did some test with an integrated fpc (e.g. in an IDE) and sharing
redirecting the file access. For example FPC could use the files
of the IDE. This would allow to compile without saving to disk, so the
compiler could be used for quick syntax checks and similar tasks.
Note: Under Linux the speed up is hardly measurable. But
maybe Windows can gain a bit.

I changed a few calls to Assign/Reset/Close to use the TCFileStream
(e.g. for the ppu reader) and added the possibility to define a custom
TCFileStream class. An IDE can then redirect the file access.
I guess the maintenance cost is pretty low for you fpc devels.

Should I create a feature request with the patch or are there some
other plans?

Mattias