[fpc-devel] Comparison Delphi7/FPC2.4.0 compiled MSEide exe's

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 15:51:51 CEST 2010

Op 2010-09-13 14:34, Daniƫl Mantione het geskryf:

> Please don't turn this discussion into a UTF-8 versus UCS-2/UTF-16
> debate.

I had no such intension. I guess I was simply stating the obvious - that
FPC resourcestrings might have issue with other Unicode formats (which
wouldn't surprise me), but that it does work with UTF-8 strings (luckily).
Then again, even with UTF-8, FPC still fails in many Unicode areas (as
expected since it doesn't support Unicode - contrary to what Martin says) -
like locale variables that require more that 1 byte of space.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/