[fpc-devel] Parallel processing in the compiler

Florian Klaempfl florian at freepascal.org
Mon Sep 6 10:04:40 CEST 2010

Am 06.09.2010 09:47, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> On 5 September 2010 19:36, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>>
>> Indeed. And the features of git gui are just ridiculous. It misses even
>> basic stuff like good explorer integration.
>
> That's a matter of opinion I guess. I much prefer stand-alone tools,

Yes, I forgot that you don't like easy to use software.

> so I think they hit the nail on the head. I hate shell or ide
> integration for SCM (of even some other types) software - they always
> have a limited feature set. As for 'git gui' hanging, I haven't
> experienced that at all. But that's nothing new on your system,

Oh really? Strangly enough other software works fine on my system :)
Sometimes one can guess from the look of a software (yes, git gui looks
poor) on its quality.

> because as far as I remember you couldn't even clone the fpc git
> mirror, where others could.

Before your wildly guess, you should either look up the old thread or at
least remember correctly. At that time, git failed on a completely
different system: it was an Ubuntu 8.04 LTS where the cloning failed.
Different OS, different location, different machine, different internet
provider.

> I might be your Windows setup - just
> guessing here.

Well, or the crappy software :)