[fpc-devel] win debugging in gdb

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 10:12:59 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-27 01:28, Dimitri Smits het geskryf:

> In lazarus => complete fail.
> lots of tries to get debuginfo/mapfiles generated. Nothing usefull came
> out for use in a debugger.

I find myself switching between Lazarus IDE and MSEide often. Just about
every project I work on has both a *.lpi (Lazarus project) and *.prj
(MSEide project) file. In either case, I don't write LCL or MSEgui
applications - I use fpGUI exclusively or write console utility apps. What
makes it easier for me, is that fpGUI's Form Designer is a stand-alone app,
so it works from any IDE I choose (via their external tools menu).

I did find MSEide a lot better at debugging though, and Lazarus IDE a lot
better and code navigation. Hence I keep switching between the two of them,
depending on what I am doing.

I highly recommend you try MSEide. It is very fast, and doesn't get in the
way of programming (Lazarus IDE has way to many automated [IDE things it is
clever] features I need to keep disabling).

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/