[fpc-devel] Chosing a graphical interface for specific proposals

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 26 17:35:16 CEST 2010

Am 26.10.2010 17:00, schrieb luciano de souza:
> I understand. After running H2pas, I had erros in all rows with "array
> of const". The arguments are not constants indeed. They are ihandle or
> pihandle as the first one is. So but when I use varargs probabibly all
> the arguments have the same type: pihandle. I believe the second
> alternative will compile.

The difference between "array of const" and "varargs" (in external cdecl
declarations) is
a) the way you call them (with "[...]" or without)
b) that you will see in the declaration that you are able to pass
additional arguments in the case of "array of const".

So I personally prefer the "array of const" notation, but they are
semantically the same in this case.

Btw: "array of const" normally means a "generic" type and is used by
e.g. the Format function.

See here for additional information:
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/ref/refsu58.html#x138-14500011.4.6

> I didn't know varargs. It's a nice feature! I will try to compile with
> these tips and I come back with the results.

There are many nice gems in Free Pascal... one just needs to find them :D

Regards,
Sven