[fpc-devel] AnsiString in DWARF2 vs DWARF3

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 15:07:31 CEST 2010

Op 2010-10-26 14:13, Martin Schreiber het geskryf:

> It is OK for 32 bit stabs but 64 bit FPC debugger support (dwarf AFAIK) is
> probably not finished. I do not recommend to use 64 bit for FPC development
> at the moment if 32 bit can be used instead.

Well I don't think it's that bad compared to 32-bit FPC, well not for me,
because I debug more without GDB that with it. Lately I limit my GDB usage
only for stepping the source code. Anyway, in MSEide and with FPC 64-bit
under 64-bit Linux I can still step the assembly instructions. The CPU
window doesn't work at all though, where it did under 32-bit Linux.

  http://opensoft.homeip.net/~graemeg/mseide_debug_windows.png

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/