[fpc-devel] pqconnection.pp Code Review Needed Int64 data types not supported in PostgreSQL

Nikolai Zhubr n-a-zhubr at yandex.ru
Fri Oct 22 01:00:15 CEST 2010

22.10.2010 1:19, Andrew Brunner:
>   As of right now the PostgreSQL component does not handle Int64
> dataype and is crippling any use of the DBMS.  If MySQL and PostgreSQL
> are broken - I just don't see the point of supporting SQL DBMSes.

Just in case: also have a look at zeosdbo library. I'm not sure about
int64 specifically (as we do not use it in out database yet), but
generally all things that we ever needed worked just fine there. (We've
been happily running an FPC application with a Postgresql database for
approx 2 years now almost 24/7)

Nikolai