[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Dimitri Smits smitco at telenet.be
Thu Oct 21 01:37:42 CEST 2010

----- "Michael Schnell" <mschnell at lumino.de> schreef:

> On 10/20/2010 02:04 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> >
> > I would like to see my C parser working as an FPC front-end,
>
> I feel that there in fact is a decent cause for doing a C(++)
> front-end
> for the FPC compiler: importing existing C++ code into a Pascal
> project.
> I suppose this is not possible completely without modifying the C++
> code
> this will not be possible in many cases (please don't start discussing
>
> multiple inheritance ;-) ), but this would be a lot better than the
> current situation where linking FPC and C++ is completely impossible
> due
> to the different ABI.

and let's not forget the other argument "Delphi does it too" :-)))))))))

just kidding, different compiler is invoked

as for the linking of C++/FPC:
good argument, but then your fpc-compiled c++ will be incompatible with everything else. Come to think of it, no 2 C++ compilers mangle the same due to VMT and other abi-stuff anyway.

kind regards,
Dimitri Smits