[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Wed Oct 20 12:31:48 CEST 2010

On Wed, Oct 20, 2010 at 21:26, Marco van de Voort <marcov at stack.nl> wrote:
> In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> Keep in mind that I actually am a proponent of multiple frontends (I've
> wanted a M2 version for over 10 years now, but unfortunately I'm quite
> realistic), I just don't like Hans-Peter's approach (which is essentially
> not cooperating, and just throw raw patches to core, and then trying to
> blackmail core into accepting them by raising noise on the maillists)

To be honest, I was responsible for at least half the noise in this thread.
Also, what do you mean by "raw" patches?
Do you want a "cooking" model similar to the one used in git.git development?
That would be good, but practically impossible to do using svn.

> The first principle of working in a team is assuming that all code is good,
> unless proven otherwise.

Don't you violate this principle by assuming Hans-Peter's code is bad?

--
Alexander S. Klenin