[fpc-devel] cpstrnew branch (was: Alternative parsers)

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Wed Oct 20 10:54:25 CEST 2010

On 20 Oct 2010, at 10:50, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> I did get a compiler
> error in chmreader.pas, but that is not something I would worry about,
> because that is in the packages (FCL) directory.

I think it is caused by a bug in the cpstrnew compiler (unrelated to any merging). That code passes an array of widechar to a routine expecting an ansistring (tstringlist.add), and the error is
  chmreader.pas(1235,25) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "Boolean", expected "Word"

That suggests the error is in a call to an internal RTL conversion routine generated by the compiler (since tstringlist.add only has one parameter and it's not a word) to convert the array of widechar to ansistring.

> Thank you for your help, and sorry for all the trouble.
>
> PS:
> Is there a make command to only compile the RTL and compiler? Excludes the
> FCL.  Would that be the 'make cycle' from inside the src/compiler/
> directory?

Yes.

Jonas