[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Oct 20 10:07:03 CEST 2010

  On 10/20/2010 02:04 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:

> I would like to see my C parser working as an FPC front-end,

I feel that there in fact is a decent cause for doing a C(++) front-end
for the FPC compiler: importing existing C++ code into a Pascal project.
I suppose this is not possible completely without modifying the C++ code
this will not be possible in many cases (please don't start discussing
multiple inheritance ;-) ), but this would be a lot better than the
current situation where linking FPC and C++ is completely impossible due
to the different ABI.

-Michael