[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Martin Schreiber mse00000 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 16:20:30 CEST 2010

On Tuesday, 19. October 2010 15.42:30 Alexander Klenin wrote:

> 2) I'd say that at least half of his mistakes could be avoided
> by better code structure of FPC -- he was really uncomfortable
> using strange records and pchars instead of normal objects and strings.

Hmm, strange records and pchars are often necessary for good performance. A
professional programmer or a hobby programmer with the needed skills to do
compiler development on the necessary level has no problems to read and work
with such code. I did not much reading in the FPC sources up to now but
sometimes I saw possibilities to improve performace by using a little bit
more pchars and strange records. ;-)

Martin