[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Tue Oct 19 12:49:45 CEST 2010

On 19 Oct 2010, at 12:47, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> Op 2010-10-19 12:33, Jonas Maebe het geskryf:
>>
>> As mentioned in other mails, the compilation order is "first the new RTL, then the new compiler"
>
> I saw your reply to Sven. I didn't know that, and never used it like that
> before. I guess I was lucky.
>
> Anyway, just downloaded and installed a fresh copy of FPC 2.4.0 from
> SourceForge. "make cycle FPC=..." still fails.... I when I have the time,
> I'll take another look, but I can't spend more time on it now.
>
> Did you actually test the cpstrnew branch by compiling it yourself - after
> the merge?

Yes, but it was on Mac OS X. At first sight, there are however no differences between the Makefile.fpc of the cpstrnew branch and the one in trunk (other than that trunk as an extra iso7185 unit for iso mode support), so I'm not sure what's going on in what you posted. I have to run now, I'll look into it later.

Jonas