[fpc-devel] Alternative parsers

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Oct 19 10:40:42 CEST 2010

Am 19.10.2010 10:31, schrieb Florian Klaempfl:
> Am 19.10.2010 10:20, schrieb Sven Barth:

>>> When did I say this? What I said was: I won't merge changes into trunk
>>> which implement support for alternative parsers (this is the topic of
>>> this thread!) because nobody could explain me yet the use of alternative
>>> parsers for FPC users. So I would spend time in something with no gain
>>> for users resulting in even less time for other problems. Maybe somebody
>>> else will merge it, but he takes the burden to fix any regressions and
>>> maintain the changed code.
>>>

>> To be honest (as someone who hasn't yet posted to this topic): You
>> sounded very much like "we don't want to merge this" with "we" as in
>> "the core devs".
>
> When did I write "we"? I think my initial statement was pretty clear:
> http://lists.freepascal.org/lists/fpc-devel/2010-October/022335.html

Yes, you didn't write "we". But it came along as such.
That might be, because you - as the initial developer of FPC - are more
or less the leader of this project and as such an "I" from you is often
perceived as a "we", although you might not mean it in that way. That's
a psychological problem ^^

Regards,
Sven