[fpc-devel] win64 dwarf patch

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 16 13:22:01 CEST 2010

And3mD schrieb:
> I added bug report about using Tag as Pointers in IDE

For some reason (read-only???) I could not add a note there, so I'll
present my ideas here:

IMO Tag should become an int64 for all components, to overcome platform
and streaming problems. More properties can be introduced, for best
compatibility with existing code (Tag64, TagPtr). These properties could
be based on the same int64 field, i.e. r/w part of it, and only that
field is streamed. And when we just are extending the type, we also
could consider to make it big enough to hold a method reference...

DoDi