[fpc-devel] JSON Beautifier

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Wed Oct 13 09:18:36 CEST 2010

On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, theo wrote:

> Thank you Michael, great!
>
> There is one little problem: the right square bracket which is closing an
> array always goes to the first position (no indentation).

Hm. This is a bug, I'll fix that. I didn't test arrays inside objects, only
objects inside arrays...

> And it's a matter of taste, if brackets and parenthesis should go to the same
> line.

Well, can provide an option for that, that's what they are for.
Can you provide me an example of how NetBeans formats

a simple array [ 0, 1, 2 ]

and a simple object { "x" : 1, "y": 2 }

Just to compare.

> I've attached an example.  The FormatJSON output (above) and the NetBeans
> Formatter output (below).

I'll fix the bug, and if you can provide examples, I'll see about adding
the options to create more "netbeans-compatible" formatted output.

Michael.