[fpc-devel] Less global variables

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 10 06:56:02 CEST 2010

Florian Klämpfl schrieb:

>>> No. It's a mess and I won't sort it out.
>> What do you feel a need for sorting out?
>
> Splitting the patch in understandable parts which can be committed
> separately with appropriate commit messages,

I.e. one patch for every single moved variable???

> fix formatting, remove
> unneeded parts, remove stuff to be discussed first, see below.

> It is good practive to patch and commit sources in well defined,
> traceble steps and this is not possible with this patch.

Some separatable patches have been presented already. I merged them into
the big patch, to simplify merging with trunk. Feel free to apply these
patches first...

>>> comments I made about the older patch are ignored,
>> Which in detail do you mean?
>
> The aasmbase change, see my comment in your issue report.

Question: do you have a better solution for the ppudump dependencies?

>>> strange changes without any
>>> comment like in cfidwarf etc.
>> Ooops, cfidwarf should not have been affected. I guess it's due to the
>> different base revision in my merge :-(
>
> This is part of what I mean with mess.

Okay, I'll stop rebasing my patches to the head revision.

DoDi