[fpc-devel] External tools API

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Oct 3 08:20:48 CEST 2010

Sven Barth schrieb:

> Another question to the core devs: Why is tsettings.controllertype
> ifdef'd? Doesn't this make dumping the contents of a ARM or AVR ppu on a
> non ARM/AVR system a bit... well... impossible? (at least according to
> the current code of ppudump (the original as well as the ppudump4.patch
> one))

Thanks to your comment I also could make ControllerType an unconditional
member of TSettings - see ppudump5.patch :-)

It adds one byte to the non-ARM/AVR .ppu files and a few more bytes to
the compiler itself, what should do no harm.

This change also allows to remove a couple of $IFDEFs, which may be
incorrect/incomplete in the current code, not reflecting AVR which also
has controller types.

DoDi