[fpc-devel] New language feature suggestion (probably not existing in Delphi)

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 16:19:46 CET 2010

On Fri, Nov 26, 2010 at 2:39 PM, Paul Ishenin <webpirat at mail.ru> wrote:

> 26.11.2010 16:38, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
>
>> Everything we introduced first Embarcadero has consistently done
>> different, so I would not hope for that.
>>
> Exit(Value) not.
>
> Btw, maybe to discuss new features on Embarcadero forum too before the
> final decision?

Paul, you mean encouraging them to implement this and return to this
discussion when D2011(12,13..) implements this? :) Just kidding

Speaking of new features, I remember the bunch of them were introduced with
Delphi 1.0 and many of them were inspired by other languages and dialects. I
admit that frequent implementing of features like the one I suggested will
make fpc more experimental and less solid. So consider it an idea just
thrown in the wild to see whether it will survive or not :)

Max