[fpc-devel] Re: enumerators

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Mon Nov 15 13:24:54 CET 2010

In our previous episode, Michael Schnell said:
> > No, since that wouldn't describe the position of that char in the string
> > that is being iterated.
> Is this really wanted ?
>
> I suppose this would ask for a full blown iterator....

Typically I'd iterate by means outside the language (I've used simple iterators
based on a record with a few inline methods in the past), and review the
places where you iterate by char through strings, and reduce it
signficantly.

Since the latter is needed for optimal result in nearly every solution.