[fpc-devel] Re: enumerators

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Sun Nov 14 21:47:52 CET 2010

Marco van de Voort schrieb:

> A more grave reason though is that Delphi does not have low() and high() on
> sets and a request to add it by me in 2006 was closed with their equivalent
> of "won't fix".

I wonder how FPC defines low() and high() for sets. The static bounds
can be obtained from the underlying enumerated or subrange type, even in
Delphi. So it would only make a difference, when FPC sets would track
the actual (dynamic) first and last element in an set, with special
handling for empty sets where both low() and high() cannot return valid
values.

DoDi