[fpc-devel] revision.inc

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis dioannidis at artesoft.gr
Sat Nov 13 12:55:44 CET 2010

Στις 13/11/2010 11:30 πμ, ο/η Marco van de Voort έγραψε:
> In our previous episode, Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis said:
>
>> But i'm in windows at i
>> have to export the tree before the build effectively loosing all the
>> svn's info.
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq/#toc-Section-2.4
>
> and then specially
>
> http://www.stack.nl/~marcov/buildfaq/#toc-Subsection-2.4.2

Thx, but this wasn't the problem.

The problem was that it doesn't exists a svnversion executable in
TortoiseSVN. I had to look at the makefile in compiler dir to find out
that i needed a svnversion executable for this to work. So i downloaded
the CollabNet command line tools.

So, i updated my tree. Got inside the compiler dir and run 'make
revision FPC={some path}\ppc386.exe'.
Unfortunattely the revision.inc is still has 'exported' in it and the
'ppc386.exe -iW' gives me '2.5.1-rexported'.
Running 'svnversion' i got '16332'.

In the {fpc svn dir}\compiler\Makefile at the 363, there is :
'SVNVERSION:=$(wildcard $(addsuffix /svnversion$(SRCEXEEXT),$(SEARCHPATH)))'

As i'm not familiar with the Makefile files, any help is much
appreciated ...

regards,
--
Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis