[fpc-devel] Interface scope incompatibility with Delphi

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 11:36:58 CET 2010

Op 2010-11-11 01:21, Henry Vermaak het geskryf:

> Why didn't they just set a bounty or pay a compiler dev to fix it?

Because that is still no guarantee that it will be implemented in a timely
fashion. Our company tried that route before without success. We set a $500
bounty, it was accepted very quickly, but 1.5 years later still hardly
anything was done, and there was no signs of it ever getting done, so we
retracted our bounty and moved on to a different solution. Companies cannot
sit around and twiddle their thumbs for people that only think of something
as a "hobby", and treat it as such. We run a business that need to pay
bills and salaries.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net:8080/fpgui/