[fpc-devel] libtinfo issue

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Mon Nov 8 19:36:37 CET 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-08 at 14:07 +0100, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:
> > I could send them to you, but you don't need them for the .rpm building.
>
> Ok, so I have generated the rpm with:
>
> make rpm NODOCS=1

That was strictly not necessary. You can build a RPM with docs without
the documentation-tarfile.

> where should I upload the rpms now?

Ehm... If you have access to scenergy, upload them there.
(/FPC/ftp/dist/2.4.2)

>  Should I upload both src.rpm and
> i386? Should they be renamed to something like fpc-mandriva ?

Ehm... I would say they should have the same name, but placed in another
folder. But maybe it's indeed better to change the release-tag, so it
includes mandriva.

To do that, edit install/fpc.spec, and replace %RELEASE% on top with
"1.mandriva". (No quotes, the one and the dot are important, though)

Then try to rebuild the RPM. I hope that helps.

> It installs fine, without the tinfo issue. Building Lazarus works
> perfectly. Generics seam to be working (although I didn't test
> extensively)

What you should also test is debugging using the text-mode ide.

Joost.