[fpc-devel] Re: Backport request for 2.4.2: Improved Interfaces support

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Fri May 28 12:05:23 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-05-28 at 11:37 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> out that most of those patches I listed are actually fixes and not new
> features. The only new "feature" is the modifier 'implements' - albeit
> a rather important feature of Interfaces that has been missing from
> FPC since forever.
>
> So I don't really understand why Joost simply shot down (discarded) my
> request, even for 2.4.4.

I did not. I said that it was too late for 2.4.2, and that it would
'maybe not even (make) 2.4.4' That's something completely different.

> @Joost
> If you actually used Interfaces in your own software you might have
> noticed how buggy Interfaces are in FPC. These fixes are rather
> critical and go a long way to to resolve many of the pitfalls
> experienced with FPC + Interfaces usage.

Well, I do not use some things because I know that it won't work in fpc
very well. And yes, in the future it would be easier if I could. But I
have to live with the fact that I can not do that (yet). (See the code
in fcl-web, that could be more efficient with this patch.) And not to
forget the observers, which I use a lot. (tiOPF and others)

Joost.