[fpc-devel] Backport request for 2.4.2: Improved Interfaces support

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 28 08:48:05 CEST 2010

Op 2010-05-27 17:05, Joost van der Sluis het geskryf:

> 2.4.2 is almost released... ;) There will probably will be a delay due
> to another problem. But I can guarantee you that this won't make 2.4.2.

I requested this a week earlier, but that thread got sidetracked and I
never got an answer. So I thought I would make it easier by testing what
patches need to be applied, but if I'm too late... oh well.

> Maybe not even 2.4.4, as it is really a new compiler-feature, not a
> bug-fix.

I have to disagree here. :) Interfaces have been implemented years ago, but
some things were broken for so long, you might be forgiven for thinking
it's a new feature instead of a bug fix.

Anyway, I was hoping to get this in the next FPC release because I want to
implement something major in fpGUI that requires this. If not 2.4.2, I will
have to delay this feature in fpGUI too. What is the expected (I know it
might be a guess) release time for 2.4.4?

Alternatively, I guess I will have to end up doing what Martin does with
MSEgui (though definitely not ideal). MSEgui includes patches for FPC which
must be applied before MSEgui will work correctly.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/