[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Vincent Snijders vsnijders at vodafonevast.nl
Thu May 20 15:23:54 CEST 2010

Graeme Geldenhuys schreef:
> Vincent Snijders het geskryf:
>> Is there a patch to review, so I can see what this discussion is all
>> about?
>
> I posted some example code earlier in a reply to Marco (sorry, it's
> somewhere between all the noise).

I am sorry, but I cannot find the code changes in the classes unit you propose. Can
you give me a link in the archives or a date/time that you sent that mail? To be
sure I don't mean the uses of the patches classes unit, but the actual changes in
the classes unit.

>> I wonder if something like class helpers is able to solve this,
>> like Matt suggested.
>
> As I mentioned in another reply, class helpers are a pretty useless feature
> in Delphi and will not solve much. So the other message for reason why.

Then they must be designed/implemented better to support multiple extensions for a
particular class. Sorry I used the wrong word, Matt.

Vincent