[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Helmut Hartl helmut.hartl at firmos.at
Thu May 20 10:46:10 CEST 2010

Am 20.05.10 10:29, schrieb Graeme Geldenhuys:
> Joost van der Sluis het geskryf:
>
>>> 1) Ignore Marco and implement it any way. I think you have just as
>>> much say as Macro on what goes into the FPC.
>>>
>> thread yet. But here you are going too far. Way too far. Imho we don't
>>
> Well my statement was true wasn't it? Michael's opinion should count too.
> Why must Marco always get his way? Why must Marco always disagree with all
> new proposals.
>
> Short enough?

I personally met, talked to, and respect Michael and Marco (SYSTEMS/Munich).
  I agree to Joosts statement.

Can someone please explain to me what the change to TObject will do to
my STM implementation ?
(Relying on memory layout, lockfree algo's and size ... )

Beware you need to make your self familiar with :
http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/research/srg/netos/lock-free/
at least: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_transactional_memory
If you want to give statements with a clue - (and after that you still
cannot answer my question).

A redisign of classes is ok as it implies the chance to adobt code to it.
But fundamential changes in an stability release ?

helmut