[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Marco van de Voort marcov at stack.nl
Thu May 20 10:01:37 CEST 2010

> Helmut Hartl het geskryf:
> > Patterns are super -  but not if you are coding something performance
> > critical.
>
> Then you are still struggling to understand design patterns. I'll say it
> again: They are a design guide for solving a common found problem. How you
> implement it, is up to you!

It's never the religion. The followers must not be true.
Maybe we should burn them at the stake and sacrifice a chicken to be sure?
Hahahaha.

I like what is in the introduction of the GoF book most. Only guidelines...,
no definitive truths main tasks is to fixate jargon about patterns ...,
everybody has to figure out for themselves if they apply to their situation.

The authors themselves

> Design patterns are all over the place

Yes. But nobody has said you have to stuff each and everyone of them in each
piece of software and have support for all of them in your library.

So this is not a vote of confidence in patterns, but an fundamental
extension and direction change of the runtime library, and IMHO it should be
treated like that, not snuck in via a back-alley.

Apparantly we are going try to hybridize the current runtime library with
new development in a new direction.