[fpc-devel] Interface delegation fix: backport to FPC 2.4.2 ...?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 19 19:52:50 CEST 2010

On 19 May 2010 19:24, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> that I actually need and why I implemented observer in the first place: to
> be able to observe for instance the changes in TMemo.Lines or
> TCombobox.Items. (and these are from real-world examples).

And my prototype implementation of TActions support in fpGUI using
Observer is another example. I totally eliminated the TBasicActionLink
class hierarchy yet have the same functionality as LCL/VCL Actions
with less (and clearer) code.

> No-one objected then, I see no reason why this minor change is
> so questionable.

I think Marco makes it his mission in life to disagree with everything
I say.  :-(

> be progress in FPC; we don't want to keep running behind Delphi forever.
> Compatibility: absolutely. But also: progress and enhancements !

+1

  - Graeme -