[fpc-devel] Re: Missing from documentation

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 19 14:46:37 CEST 2010

Jonas Maebe het geskryf:

> It's an FPC-specific extension. It's mainly used to implement the
> "port" construct from Turbo Pascal in the ports unit for Dos and Linux.

And you answered by next question before I could even ask it. :)  I was
looking for syntax help on that in the Kylix 3 help and couldn't find
anything - now I know why.

PS:
I looked at the 'ports' unit, and it doesn't use that syntax either. Only 3
standard classes are defined in the interface section. Either way, I can
honestly say I don't see myself ever using that syntax. :)  Thanks for the
info though.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/