[fpc-devel] Armel problems

Den Jean Den.Jean at telenet.be
Tue May 18 18:51:33 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 18 May 2010 10:17:27 Michael Schnell wrote:
> Does the compiler digest this ?
>
> Up till now I thought it's impossible to use any common object ABI
> between Pascal and C++, so that any C function needs to be called by
> Pascal using a "flattened" non-Object based interface, because the
> Pascal and C++ object models are too different to use common objects
> with both languages.

Note how I say c-functions and not c++ functions. Only a C ABI
is guaranteed, this is why all languages can interface with C
but not with C++ or Java. I lack detailed knowledge of that ABI
so the FPC devels may have to correct me on how that method
struct will be passed, but I guess it should be by value. The
alignment is probably not an issue with 2 struct members with the
size of a pointer.