[fpc-devel] Parameters must match exactly?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue May 18 15:37:56 CEST 2010

Vinzent Höfler het geskryf:
> types needing no finalization, so the compiler should not insert
> finalization code when classes are involved (despite of the history of
> "out" coming from reference counted COM objects or whatever).

I don't understand this finalization thing about out parameters either, but
I agree with the above statement. Borland did exactly this with IUnknown,
IInterface, TInterfacedObject - initially it just implemented because of
COM, them COM dependency was removed so it could work on Delphi and Kylix
(independent of COM).

Probably the same should then apply to the out parameter instead of
introducing something new like the 'varout' that somebody else mentioned.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://opensoft.homeip.net/fpgui/