[fpc-devel] Troubles with FPDOC in 2.5.1 and 2.4.1

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sat May 15 14:33:07 CEST 2010

On Sat, 15 May 2010 14:00:47 +0200 (CEST)
marcov at stack.nl (Marco van de Voort) wrote:

> In our previous episode, Mattias Gaertner said:
> > Yes.
> > I think implementation needs good comments. The local types and
> > variables don't need fpdoc docs, do they?
> > If someone wants to use fpdoc for implementation, maybe it should
> > be made optional?
>
> Mattias, what did you use for testing? makeskel/fpdoc?

No. I wrote a small program to parse every fcl unit.
Maybe I find today some time to create a patch to make fpdoc parse only
to implementation.

> I've searched for a test that simply dumped the parsetree (e.g. to check if
> ^g is really transformed to something like a char/string literal), but
> haven't found anything.

AFAIR ^g is/was not supported, as this is a context sensitive token. Two
tokens in types, one in the others.
The codetools do not support it too.

Mattias