[fpc-devel] Troubles with FPDOC in 2.5.1 and 2.4.1

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri May 14 16:59:01 CEST 2010

On 14 May 2010 16:47, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

> This is correct. I did (attempt to) add the support for it.

Either way using the same tiOPF code, with commit r14937 fpdoc did not
raise any error with the usage of 'label', but r14938 and onwards
does. If fcl-passrc parser 'label' correctly before I don't know - I'm
simply stating that it did not raise an error.

>> Pre- and post-modifiers make parsers ugly and complicated, because
>> there is no single start/terminal token anymore and because some
>> modifiers can be identifiers, requiring bigger lookaheads.
>
> Tell me about it :/

I still say the syntax for modifiers stink! I vote for making them
keywords so they can't be used as identifiers. And I vote that the
syntax for modifiers get fixed. Sometimes you need a semi-colon before
the modifier and sometimes you don't - that's an anomaly, not a syntax
rule.

  - Graeme -