[fpc-devel] TProcess capability to run app bundles

Jonas Maebe jonas.maebe at elis.ugent.be
Mon May 10 13:49:15 CEST 2010

On 10 May 2010, at 13:31, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:

> I was thinking. Which design should be used to add support in TProcess
> for running app bundles? I suppose a new routine, ExecuteBundle, for
> example. Or else checking if we are trying to run a directory?

I'm not sure whether TProcess is the right abstraction. A bundled
application does not have command line arguments, standard input,
output, a console window, a current/working directory (that one is set
by the OS) and moreover normally you never wait for such an
application to finish, so almost none of the existing functionality of
TProcess would work (or even make sense) when executing a bundle.

Jonas