[fpc-devel] heaptrc and memory changed after released

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sun May 9 03:15:19 CEST 2010

It is possible to compile heaptrc with -dFPC_EXTRA_HEAP (or similar)

In this case all memory is kept after release, and checksummed. When the
program terminates it will tell you if any block changed, after it was
released

You will know where the block was allocated, but unfortunately not where
it was changed.

To narrow down the offending location, it would be could, if one could
call something like "heaptrc.CheckReleasedBlocksChecksums"

I could place that at strategic points, and then once I know between
which points to look, I could insert more checks and narrow it down.

Is there anything like this?

Martin